2.03.2007

more nonsense

Recap of last few weeks...

project: The Reset went very well! We had the usual heads roll out, and even Mr. Flores made an appearance. Mikio rocked the new DJ loft, and Vatch ran the bar with the swiftness of a gazelle.



Later that week, Vatch invited myself, KG, Our Res DJ Vinyl Richie and Wendy and Kim out to see his buddy's band at the Echo.



They rocked the spot. Check 'em out if you get the chance... which may prove difficult, given the fact I haven't told you their name.

And since we were in the neighborhood, how could we not go to my favorite bar for some drinks. Although it does sadden me to see that The Gold Room just got a write up in Paper (I want to keep that place all to myself), I don't think anything can everchange the magic that The Gold Room embodies. Here, a local patron asks Wendy for a dance.



If you havent heard, project: is now curating the 2007 art shows at Black Market Boutique on Sawtelle. It is very exciting, as we are showcasing a lot of our young artists in solo shows. The first show was the 26th and featured one of our favorite artists, Yoskay Yamamoto. Yosk worked his ass off for this solo and it shows - the place looks amazing.



I feel bad, I had to take off to Big Bear that night at 9, so I couldnt stay the whole time, but believe me, my time was well spent. God Bless the Bowling Barn.



Alright folks, stay tuned, we are gonna be back on track.

Next up, the Blaine Fontana solo at The Lab 101...




mike
www.projectgalleryLA.com

No comments: