5.06.2007

Big Ass Murals

Yep, that's right, the time has come... we are finally working on those big ass murals for that New York project I have been alluding to. But first...

Whiskey Tasting!

We were invited to check out Seven Grand, that new fancy-smancy bar in Downtown brought to you by the same guys who own Golden Gopher and Broadway Bar.

Free Whiskey is always lovely... but as my friend Lobo said, "this place is full of Tools." I, reluctantly, must concur. Hey, if I wanted to see a bunch of guys in suits, I'd get a job.

Then we checked out Royal Claytons in downtown. It was French Connection Night, so live swanky beats were provided by the Mad Alsacians.

Definitely check it out... but only for drinks. The food is pretty dismal.

So here we are to the mural. The CW Network asked us to provide four artist murals for a project at Madison Square Garden. We start 'em here and finish them off at a live event at MSG next week. Yoskay Yamamoto is one of LA artists, along with John Michael Gill. From the ATL, UrbanMedium and TindelMichi round out the roster.

Here, Yoskay is startin' it off...


I'll post some more pics tomorrow of the almost finished product.

And finally, with yesterday being Cinco De Mayo, what better way to celebrate then by grabbing some food from my favorite Westside Mexican joint, Cinco De Mayo.

Sure its next to Tito's Tacos, the "#1 Mexican Stand in LA", so it gets no play. Hold on, don't say that, of course I love Tito's... but man, if you want REAL dirty Mexican food, don't want to wait, and want to pay Three Bucks to get full, then this is the place for you.

So I grabbed some to go and put on old favorite, "Convoy". Ernest Borgnine, Kris Kristofferson - one of several classic 70's movies that has no real plot but still wants to show some segment of society that gets over-looked.

The difference here is, this movie wasn't based on a book or TV show... it was based on a SONG! and what a song! "We Got A Big Ol' Convoy, Ain't She A Beautiful Sight!" For full crazy lyrics, go Here. In fact, if you read the lyrics, you don't need to see the movie... its all there.

Because of this movie, as I kid, I wanted to be called Spider Mike and make Big Rigs honk their horns and force my parents to ride up behind the Kentworths so we could start our own Convoys... ahhh the memories.


mike
www.project.bz

No comments: