3.22.2007

My Dinner with Al

Last night, I had John Gill and The Love Movement meet up in Redondo... they both dig each others work, they both approach their art in the same way, and they both have some similarities in their style that just would make them a perfect match for a future collaboration.

But, unfortunately, everybody was pretty beat down from the week, so no Bull Pen, no Dive Bars, no causing havoc through the streets of the South Bay... just some beers and quiet art talk. Here, TLM shows Gill a piece for an upcoming show...

2008 there is talk of a possible project... but that is a ways off, but stay tuned.

Tonight, I met up with long-time Gill pal and old man art guy Poor Al. We are working on a June curation at our gallery that should really have people talking. Its been in the works for a while, and Poor Al has really worked his ass off the last year to line-up all the pieces. If things go according to plan, this show will be something no one has ever seen and should create a lot of buzz.

But more importantly then that, Poor Al is now sporting the 'stache. I didnt get a chance to take a picture of him with it, so instead, I rendered one myself from an old 2006 photo. The resemblance to 2007 Poor Al is striking.

2006 Poor Al


2007 Poor Al artist rendition


Now, hold on, that can't be right... maybe he had more of a handlebar moustache...


Wait, thats not right... that's not right at all. I think was all chopped out with his soul patch and crazy long Scott Ian style goatee...


No, No, No! That look is definitely not right. He had more of an 1880's old-timey feel:
No, that's not quite 1880's old-timey enough.


Ahhh, much better. Yes, there it is, that is how Poor Al now looks. Dead on. By the way, tomorrow I am applying for a job with the police dept as their new sketch artist. I only know how to draw facial hair though, its my one weakness.

If you have some renditions of your own, send em over, I'll post em...

mike
www.project.bz

No comments: