3.16.2007

London Police

Ahhh, the London Police. For those of you not particularly familiar with them, once you see their easily identifiable iconic images, you'll slap your forehead and say, "Oh yeah... those guys."

They had an exhibition opening at XLarge last night in Silverlake. I headed over and took some pics, drank some Tiger beer and walked out with a free Tshirt courtesy of XLarge... thanks guys.

Although limited to just a few pieces, it was still great to see TLP back, even if it is down to just one guy. Here are a few shots.




So, Pinkberry is next door to Xlarge, and I am sure you've heard all the hullabaloo over it. Its some frozen yogurt place, but its taking the world by storm. Kinda reminds me of the Penguins craze in the late 80s, which, on a good day, you'd be hard pressed to find one of those bastards not bordered up these days.

I figured, what the hell, lets see what all the pandimonium is about. I told the guy at the counter to make me the best thing he has. $5 later, out came this creation:


Frozen yogurt with bananas, strawberries... and whats this? Captain Crunch??? Well, now you have me intrigued.

So I gulped it down. Not bad. But not great. Even the Captain Crunch couldn't save it from a mediocre effort.

I'm about to put my spoon down and head for the door when I get a tap on the shoulder. Its my counter guy, giving me the frozen yogurt I ordered.

"But, um... I just ate it." I say, looking at the brand new Yogurt in his hand. Turns out, I took someone elses. Whoops. Fuck it, he says, have this one too.

So although I give Pinkberry a satisfactory rating, their staff gets 4 out of 5 bananas. I would have given them the full banana, but come on, they chose to work at a yogurt stand, you gotta take points off for that...


mike
www.project.bz

No comments: