4.12.2007

the kids and the sports fanatics...

First off, our next show, Youth Indiscretions, is looking beeyooteeful. Wow, these kids can paint. Everybody is super excited about Rebecca Urais, and why shouldn't they be, this girl came out of nowhere and is knockin' people's heads off. Derek Albeck came in with three of his largest (and best) paintings to date. Nate Frizzell is just disgustingly talented... sure its hard to get just one word out of him, but all that saved energy is just channeled into his work. And Edwin, he is so diverse - he can go from painting on rice to delivering large scale illustrations. Here is Edwin admiring Rebecca's work with her, and below that are various shots from set-up...






Now switching gears, this is probably my favorite time of year for sports. Nope, who cares about Baseball. Its all about Hockey baby, and last night was the start of the playoffs and the two month long process to reach the Stanley Cup. First night was amazing, I watched 9 hours staight! Quadruple overtime??? You better believe it.

And not to be out done, MLS - Major League Soccer, kicked off its season last week. I attended (ahem, worked) both the home openers for the Beckham-less Galaxy as well as Los Angeles-based Chivas USA. There is a big uproar at the Home Depot Center about me being the possible twin of this guy:

That's the Galaxy's two-time Goalie of the Year, Joe Cannon (appropriate name for a soccer player I must say). How bad is it? Well, people are starting to come up to me to ask for my autograph, so maybe there is something to this. Here is a better photo from some media guide. A handsome chap, if I do say so myself. Yes, quite the looker indeed. You be the judge!


mike
www.project.bz

No comments: