6.10.2007

And onto the next thing...

project: held its last show for the huge Culver City artwalk on June 2nd... the last show for a good month and a half. We figured this would be a great chance to show a few of our favorite artists to the mainstream audience that would be pouring in throughout the day.

Now if only I had photos... Unfortunately, my camera crapped out again only taking slivers of photos like the one below. Not only does it take slivers, but it makes them all out of focus!

Anyway, the crowd was intense and everybody loved the work. Let's hope this marks a surge in public interest for our artists.

The Artwalk also marked another occasion, my last show participating with project:.
That's it. It is with bittersweet emotions that I must bid farewell... but alas I must. I wish project: and all of its wonderful artists good luck in the future!

Life, like this blog, will move on. I plan on taking up some big projects of my own in the summer, and hope you guys follow me along. More on that next week...

Oh, I almost forgot, went to New Orleans after the C-Note show for a Bachelor party. Can't really find the words to describe that weekend, so I'll let this photo of my friend Joe do the talking for me...


A couple of Music notes real fast. Went to go see my buddy and former project: Resident DJ Vinyl Richie spin at Bar Lubitsch... he might be their resident guy every Wednesday... if so go support.

And on Friday, headed out to my least favorite site, the Knitting Factory, to see Motion Man and KutMaster Kurt perform.

Its always a good time when Kurt is around.

Lots of good food news - hit up Greek Family Night at Papa Cristos in MidCity as well as Gustav's Jaegerhaus in Anaheim for some amazing fare... but damn my damn camera. I am gonna fix that problem this week with a little sneakiness... lets hope it works.

Sports news - Worked the home opener for the Sparks... but come on, besides lesbians and 12 year old girls, does anyone really care about Women's basketball? Also worked CONCACAF over the weekend, watching USA dispatch Guatemala and Trinidad and Tobago.


Alright... thats it for now. But I promise you this, now that I no longer have any professional affiliations to worry about, I will make this site like I've always wanted: full of bad-mouthed, blockheaded opinion with the side of LA you only wished didn't exist. Stay tuned...

mike

No comments: