6.22.2007

Getting better...

Nothing like feeling like you are starting to get into shape. On Wednesday, what turned into an innocent ride to the Santa Monica Library turned into a 40+ mile journey.

After working on a film project I am doing over the next 6 months, I met up with my camera(wo)man at the Tavern in El Segundo for $2.75 Fat Tires (very appropriate).

Getting a lot of work accomplished and downing a few beers, it was time to head home before the sun set. Along the way, I captured these photos in Playa Del Rey/Marina Del Rey.



And just as I was, I got the call from Iwei, Lobo and Mikio (seen below) to meet them up at my favorite restaurant FuRaiBo for some food and grog.

As some of you may know, Mikio has taken over from Vinyl Richie to be project:'s resident DJ at its new location. And wouldn't fate be weird enough, Mikio now lives right next door to me. When I am on my balcony and he is on his, we can literally pass beers to each other. I stopped by his place after trekking home on bike. Nothing like speeding down Sawtelle in the summer night's breeze enjoying the intoxication of the evening...
Here is Iwei (by cameraphone) attempting to DJ with part of Mikio's massive record collection (man that guy needs Serrato).


The next day, the fellows over at the CW network invited myself and Beau to an art opening reception at their offices in Burbank that they have been planning for 6 months. They chose 5 curators from across the country to choose 5 artists to be represented in the show. This was their inaugural run, but more are planned, and project: seems to be one gallery they may use heavily.


Although not officially in project: anymore, I will still be helping out from time to time on larger projects. We have in the works a couple projects with the CW upcoming in the summer and fall, and hopefully many more in the future, so stay tuned...

mike

No comments: